Sunday, July 29, 2012
Makes 7 meatballs
1/3 # ground lean turkey
3 TB parmesan
3TB Panko Bread crumbs
dash of salt
1/4 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly oil aluminum foil in pan.Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Roll into meatballs and place in pan with aluminum foil.
3. Bake for 13 minutes. Can also add some broccoli or vegetable as a side dish.
4. I added toothpicks to make this a bite size appetizer.
Nutritional Info(all 7 meatballs): 351 calories, 14.2 grams fat, 35.3 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 16 grams carbs
Monday, July 16, 2012
Adapted from a recipe from JoCooks:
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1TB hot sauce (Frank's or buffalo)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Remove mushroom stems and chop them up for stuffing
3. Bake mushroom caps for 10 to 15 min then soak up excess water with paper towel.
4. Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat and add onion, garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
5. Add pepper and spinach. Cook for a couple minutes. Then add, tomato, goat cheese, salt, stems, hot sauce, and bread crumbs. Cook for a few more minutes.
6. Stuff the mushroom caps and top with mozzarella.
7. bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
This dish is actually pretty filling. In many recipes, mushrooms can be substituted instead of meat because of its texture.
Nutritional info: 206 calories, 11g fat, 11g protein, 28% Vit A, 17.4 g Carb, 3.47g Fiber, 3.59g Sugar, 12.9% Calcium, 20% Vit C, 3.5% Iron
Friday, July 6, 2012
-2 large eggs
-2 TB dijon mustard
-1TB fresh thyme
-salt and pepper
-2 slices whole wheat bread, in small pieces
-8 oz mushrooms, thinly slices
-4 scallions, thinly slices
-1 medium carrot, grated
-1.5 LB ground turkey
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil
2. In large bowl, whisk eggs, mustard, thyme, 3/4tsp salt. Stir in the bread. Stir in the mushrooms, carrot, and scallions.
3. Add turkey and mix together. Put mixture on baking sheet and form into approximately 9" by 3.5"loaf. Bake until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Calories: 258, Fat: 13G, Sat Fat 3G, Sodium 518Mg, Protein 27G, Carbs 8G, Sugar 2G, Fiber 2G