Adapted from a recipe from JoCooks:
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1TB hot sauce (Frank's or buffalo)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Remove mushroom stems and chop them up for stuffing
3. Bake mushroom caps for 10 to 15 min then soak up excess water with paper towel.
4. Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat and add onion, garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
5. Add pepper and spinach. Cook for a couple minutes. Then add, tomato, goat cheese, salt, stems, hot sauce, and bread crumbs. Cook for a few more minutes.
6. Stuff the mushroom caps and top with mozzarella.
7. bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
This dish is actually pretty filling. In many recipes, mushrooms can be substituted instead of meat because of its texture.
Nutritional info: 206 calories, 11g fat, 11g protein, 28% Vit A, 17.4 g Carb, 3.47g Fiber, 3.59g Sugar, 12.9% Calcium, 20% Vit C, 3.5% Iron