Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Delicious Zucchini Brownies
Recipe adapted from The Yummy Life, Makes 12 brownies
* 1 cup chopped raw zucchini
* 1/8 cup coconut oil
* 1/4 cup low fat yogurt (regular or Greek)
* 1/2 cup & 1/8 cup sugar (or substitute SugarLeaf,
check package for amount)
* 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (dark
* 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet
* 1/8 cup nonfat milk
* 1 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray an 8 by 8 pan.
2. In blender or food processor, puree zucchini, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add pureed wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moist throughout.
4. Pour into greased pan, spread evenly, and bake for 16 minutes until toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cool for 20-25 minutes and frost while still warm.
1. Combine chocolate chips,milk, oil and vanilla in microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on full power for 30-40 seconds.
2. Remove and whisk until chocolate chips melt in and mixture is smooth (return to microwave for a few seconds if necessary).
3. Add powdered sugar and continue whisking until smooth. Spread evenly over brownies while they are still slightly warm.
Delicioso! I love the taste of the coconut in them also. I told everyone at our dinner party, that there was a secret ingredient. No one could guess that the secret ingredient was Zucchini!
Nutritional Information for 1 serving with regular sugar
Unfrosted: 103 calories, 2.8g fat, 19.7g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein; Weight Watchers PtsPlus: 3
Frosted: 181 calories, 6.9g fat, 30.9g carbs, 3g fiber, 2.2g protein; Weight Watchers PtsPlus: 5
Kitchen Items Needed: