Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ice Cream Cupcakes

Hello!

Well This post is more about method and decoration than a recipe.  You can use any cake recipe and test out the ice cream cones in advance of the final product to determine how much batter is needed.  These cupcakes are baked inside the cones.

Steps:
1.  Test out batter to see how much is needed.  I used a strawberry cake batter and It was a little over halfway full.

2.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Line out cones on table and be careful not to break them when opening package because they are delicate.  I bought the JOY brand cones.  You must buy the Jumbo size!

3.  Use a mini ice cream scooper to fill cones in order to avoid getting it on the outside of the cone.

4.  Bake for about 15 min, depending on oven variations

5.  Here are the cupcakes iced



6.  Here they are in my handmade delivery box, had to deliver them 10 miles.  I had to redo the box twice to make sure I could transport all 18 cupcakes safely.


 Email me with questions!!  See you soon




No comments:

Post a Comment